Thursday 10 July 2008

09.07.08: Nigella's red prawn and mango curry

Midweek made easy: He spiced up our evening with the hot, sweet and creamy curry, flanked by a salad studded with Jersey jewel tomatoes and jubilee strawberries.

SHE SAYS: I know He thought it had a little too much spice heat, but I thought it was fine. Nice mix of fruity, spicy and savoury, per usual, though I think it could have done with a dab more coconut milk. The strawberries were divine with a spritz of balsamic - sweet and sour heaven!

HE SAYS: As She says, I thought the curry had a little too much heat and overpowered the rest of the flavours a bit. Also, the prawns were a little tough, cooked a little too long, I think my timings were a little off tonight. Overall, still tasty, but not as good as this dish has been in the past. Strawberries in salad, oh my, they were fantastically glorious and wundervoll!

No comments: