Tuesday 25 March 2008

25.03.08: Red prawn and mango curry

Look familiar? She made our favourite curry, courtesy of Nigella, plus a little avo-apple salad action on the side.

HE SAYS: It was mighty nice! The spices were pitch-perfect, and the shrimp were still a little tender. Although the mango was a little underripe and the rice was a tiny, tiny bit firm, it did not diminish the awesome taste sensation. Hallelujah!

SHE SAYS: This one never fails to leave me feeling far more content than when I first sat down at the table. Good ratio of fish sauce to hot curry paste - I'm easily icked out by too much fish sauce. Very pleased that my curry turned out thick instead of soupy; I stuck to the half-can rec for the coconut milk. Not so pleased with Tesco for selling me a pack of underripe mango!

No comments: