Sunday 22 June 2008

22.06.08: Lamb tagine with couscous

Slow-cookin' Sunday: She prepared the inimitable lamb tagine, plus a crunchy salad of romaine, watercress, pomegranate seeds and avo with the remains of last nite's lime dressing.

HE SAYS: Oh Tagine, it's been a looong time. How I missed thee? Well, I have every right to be dramatic, I thinks - 'cause it was super tasty and incredibly more-ish. This one may be up for an award at the end of the year (def. in my top 5 best meals to date). The lamb was tender, the gravy was not too sweet, the couscous was light and fluffy, bellisimo! I also managed to remember to drizzle the leftover dressing from last night on me salad, all is right with the world.

SHE SAYS: Mmm-mmm good - that's what She said.
Sunday comfort food at its best, with perfectly tender lamb. Could have done with more salt, it was a bit sweet with all the apricots and sultanas, but some freshly prepared ho-made harissa took care of that. Salad balanced out the soft, silky texture of the tagine and added satisfying tartness.

No comments: